At a glance
Food & Nightlife
Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Get inside tips from a local
All necessary equipment included
All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Vegetarian meal option available
Informative, friendly and professional guide
We invite everybody especially our Moscow guests on culinary lessons for Russian cuisine. Finally all these famous “bliny” (pancakes), “pelmeni” (boiled pastry with minced meat), “okroshka” (cold summer vegetable soup) and other dishes are open to beginners and culinary amateurs!
- Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced foodies
- Your hosts are Russian but speak perfect English and all classes will be in English (German, French, Spanish also available upon request and additional price)
- Minimum age: Children 6 – 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult
Our school offers to guests a Moscow Market Tour, where the educated guide will explain the history of the area, the local food and cooking.
What will I learn?
- How to get there and what is the better selection of a market
- How to evaluate quality and select the best fresh seasonal produce
- How to buy and bargain in Moscow
- The history of markets, foods and some cultural and cooking traditions
Under the guidance of fun and friendly Russian hosts, who are all passionate about Russian cookery, you will immerse yourself in Russian life to discover the gastronomic delights of Moscow.
What will I learn?
- Courses mainly concentrate on the cuisine of Russia, but also there are classes on Ukrainian, Caucasian (Georgian, Armenian) and Central Asian (Uzbek etc) meals.
-As locals, we know about Moscow and the surrounding area, and will be able to teach you all about the origin of ingredients used, the names of the dishes and Russian traditions in general.
Sample Russian Menus:
Dishes vary according to the season and may include:
- Solyanka (soup)
- Pelmeni (Russian dumplings)
- Herring “under fur coat” Salad
-Olivier Salad famous in the world as Russian Salad
- Baked Apples a-la “Kupetc” (with raisin and honey)
-Blini, "Pirozhki", “Varenilki” and all kinds of famous Russian bakery
- "Rasstegay" cake with fish stuffing
We can adapt the cuisine to vegetarian (not vegan) diet on special request.
Please let us know about any allergies in advance.
Beverages in the class (tea, coffee)
Equipment and ingredients for the class
Transportation to/from the class
Meeting point for market tour: at 9:50 outside MacDonald’s Restaurant (Kievskaya metro, Bolshaya Dorogomilovskaya str. 8).
Meeting for the class in our school: Taste of Russia, Sretenka street 26/1, entrance through Seliverstov line, 3rd door on the left