We invite you on private culinary lessons for Russian cuisine. Finally all these famous “bliny” (pancakes), “pelmeni” (boiled pastry with minced meat), “okroshka” (cold summer vegetable soup) and other dishes are open to beginners and culinary amateurs!
- For all levels from beginners to experienced foodies.
- We meet at McDonald's, and walk to the market which is nearby. When ready to leave, we will be walking to the school.
- Your hosts are Russian but speak perfect English and all classes will be in English (German, French, Spanish also available upon request and at an additional price).
- Minimum age: Children 4 – 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
The Market Tour
Our school offers guests a Moscow Market Tour, where the educated guide will explain the history of the area, the local food and cooking.
What will I learn?
- How to get there and what is the better selection of a market
- How to evaluate quality and select the best fresh seasonal produce
- How to buy and bargain in Moscow
- The history of markets, foods, and some cultural and cooking traditions
Under the guidance of fun and friendly Russian hosts, who are all passionate about Russian cookery, you will immerse yourself in Russian life to discover the gastronomic delights of Moscow.
What will I learn?
- How to cook three Russian cuisine dishes
- As locals, we know about Moscow and the surrounding area, and will be able to teach you all about the origin of the ingredients used, the names of the dishes, and Russian traditions in general
Sample Russian Menus
Dishes vary according to the season and may include:
- Solyanka (meat soup)
- Traditional Borsh
- Beef stroganov
- Chicken Kyev
- Pelmeni (Russian dumplings)
- Herring “under fur coat” Salad
- Olivier Salad famous in the world as Russian Salad
- Baked Apples a-la “Kupetc” (with raisin and honey)
- Blini, "Pirozhki", “Varenilki” and all kinds of famous Russian bakery
- "Rasstegay" cake with fish stuffing
We can adapt the cuisine to vegetarian (not vegan) diet on special request. Please let us know about any allergies in advance.
Photography is allowed in the cooking class, but not allowed in the market.