This was really an excellent tour. We saw a lot and it was extremely well organized:
Pros: 1. You are picked up from your hotel we were at the Keio Plaza and brought to the Tokyo train station by the tour guide who places you on the train with your group. Seats are assigned so no rushing to get a good seat.
2. As soon as you exit the train you are told to just stay put. There was someone already there to pick us up, bring us to lunch and then direct us to the tour bus. Lunch was excellent. Then the afternoon tour begins. There is no possibility of getting lost.
3. The first tour is to Nara. The large Buddha is amazing. You can actually go inside of it. A trip to Kasuga Taisha Shrine and seeing and feeding the free roaming sacred deer is amazing.
4. We stayed at the Kyoto Hotel Okura which provided excellent breakfast buffet and excellent room and service.
5.The 2nd day was also well organized. The castle, Gold Pavilion and Imperial Palace were amazing.
6. Having the 3rd day on our own was a bonus. We took cabs to the Monkey Park, the Gian District and the thousands of traditional gates that make up the Fushimi Inari Shrine on the outskirts of Kyoto, Japan. Cabs are not as expensive in Kyoto. We had plenty of time to get back to the hotel and be escorted to the train and then to our hotel in Tokyo.
7. This tour was well worth the price considering that bullet train and hotel and all entrance fees as well as lunch are included.
Cons: 1. If you stay at the Okura hotel breakfast will be extra. The breakfast buffet though is delicious.
2. Wear your broken in comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking.
Overall an excellent tour and I would highly recommend it.
Amazing tour, great accommodation, the tour guides were very friendly and helpful.
The tour is really complete, the main stops are awesome. I strongly recommend it.
The 2-Day tour to Kyoto and Nara was amazing. Very well organized. I highly recommend to take this tour!
What was impressive about the tour was how well it was organized. Every event was on time with well spoken informative guides who were friendly, polite and personable. While popular shrines and temples were visited that would be in travel guides, the tour provided the ability to see sights in a short period of time that you would probably be able to do on your own. If it is your first visit to Japan, personalized guidance to the Bullet Train departure platforms as well as local trains if you are staying outside of Tokyo is provided at all destinations. Any of the hotels offered standard, traditional Japanese or luxury is perfectly acceptable. This tour is highly recommended,
Very well organized tour. Guides were very good.
What an amazing Tour...Saw beautiful places and experienced the bullet Train....Recommend it to all
This trip was fabulous from beginning to end. The tour company took care of every detail including putting us on the Bullet Train in Tokyo, meeting us on the platform in Kyoto and reversing this process to get us back again. This attention to all the details allowed us to enjoy the beauty of the countryside and the splendors of Kyoto because they took very good care of us. We would take this tour again. Loved it.
This tour was amazing!
We had a really good time. A very well organised and planned 2 days - all went like clockwork. Trains buses etc all worked very well. The stay in the New Miyako Hotel was perfectly good and very convenient - positioned right by the station with its many food and drink facilities - really useful for the evening after the day 1 tour. First day we had no issues at all - a good lunch in previously mentioned hotel, and a good tour to Nara with good guides. Second day consisted of two good separate tours to various parts of Kyoto - one morning and one afternoon tour. However, between these two tours we felt we were 'abandoned' with over two hours to fill at a small craft centre which was near to nothing else in town, and which was pretty limited in entertainment value. The included lunch both Western and Japanese food at the craft centre was of very poor quality, totally cold, and in somewhat downmarket surroundings and definitely not befitting what was a fairly expensive tour. It did take the shine off an otherwise great experience and much enjoyed couple of days.
Well organised, guides good but difficult to understand, interesting sights, accomodation good.
Maybe a little rushed.