Great trip! The tour company guided us through the entire tour which helped greatly. We had a great time.
Excellent tour and organization
This was really an excellent tour. We saw a lot and it was extremely well organized:
Pros: 1. You are picked up from your hotel we were at the Keio Plaza and brought to the Tokyo train station by the tour guide who places you on the train with your group. Seats are assigned so no rushing to get a good seat.
2. As soon as you exit the train you are told to just stay put. There was someone already there to pick us up, bring us to lunch and then direct us to the tour bus. Lunch was excellent. Then the afternoon tour begins. There is no possibility of getting lost.
3. The first tour is to Nara. The large Buddha is amazing. You can actually go inside of it. A trip to Kasuga Taisha Shrine and seeing and feeding the free roaming sacred deer is amazing.
4. We stayed at the Kyoto Hotel Okura which provided excellent breakfast buffet and excellent room and service.
5.The 2nd day was also well organized. The castle, Gold Pavilion and Imperial Palace were amazing.
6. Having the 3rd day on our own was a bonus. We took cabs to the Monkey Park, the Gian District and the thousands of traditional gates that make up the Fushimi Inari Shrine on the outskirts of Kyoto, Japan. Cabs are not as expensive in Kyoto. We had plenty of time to get back to the hotel and be escorted to the train and then to our hotel in Tokyo.
7. This tour was well worth the price considering that bullet train and hotel and all entrance fees as well as lunch are included.
Cons: 1. If you stay at the Okura hotel breakfast will be extra. The breakfast buffet though is delicious.
2. Wear your broken in comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking.
Overall an excellent tour and I would highly recommend it.
Amazing tour, great accommodation, the tour guides were very friendly and helpful.
The tour is really complete, the main stops are awesome. I strongly recommend it.
The 2-Day tour to Kyoto and Nara was amazing. Very well organized. I highly recommend to take this tour!
What was impressive about the tour was how well it was organized. Every event was on time with well spoken informative guides who were friendly, polite and personable. While popular shrines and temples were visited that would be in travel guides, the tour provided the ability to see sights in a short period of time that you would probably be able to do on your own. If it is your first visit to Japan, personalized guidance to the Bullet Train departure platforms as well as local trains if you are staying outside of Tokyo is provided at all destinations. Any of the hotels offered standard, traditional Japanese or luxury is perfectly acceptable. This tour is highly recommended,
Very well organized tour. Guides were very good.
What an amazing Tour...Saw beautiful places and experienced the bullet Train....Recommend it to all
Lots of wasted time on this tour. Poorly organized. We were sent to one train station for which we paid a large taxi fare then waited an hour and a half only to be taken to Tokyo Station which was closer to our hotel to start. We were asked to be there at 8AM for a train ride at 10:30. Bullet train was the best part of this tour. In Kyoto and Nara I thought I would scream if they showed me another Temple or shrine. Entire tour consists of temples and shrines, the entire group was complaining. Hotel was very good, right across from station. Second day tour of Kyoto consisted of a visit to Golden Palace and more temples and shrines with a cafeteria style lunch, complete with coupon. Just awful. This entire trip can be done in 1 day round trip. By the way the price was very, very expensive. I don't recommend this tour
Not much to see. After a while, we were being shown temples that were made for tourism and had no historic meaning.