At a glance
• Begin the journey south west through the South Downs National Park to Winchester. Then continue through the New Forest to Corfe Castle*. Next, we visit Lulworth Cove. Remember to bring comfortable shoes so you can enjoy a coastal walk. Our overnight stop is Exmouth.
• After a leisurely start, we will journey to Dartmoor National Park. Look out for the famous Dartmoor ponies! We’ll make a stop at the famous Clapper Bridge at Postbridge for pictures! We’ll enjoy a lunch stop in the market town of Tavistock. The old streets radiate from Bedford Square and offer shops for every taste and need. Your day will continue through Bodmin Moor, one of Cornwall’s designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, as we make our way to the coastal town of Falmouth, where we’ll spend the next 2 nights.
• Today we make our way to Mousehole where you’ll have a chance to explore this beautiful little fishing village. We then continue to Porthcurno and the Minack Theatre*. We’ll then continue west to Land’s End, England’s most westerly point. Our final stop of the day is in St Ives, before we return to Falmouth.
• This morning we make our way to Port Isaac, the filming location for Doc Martin. Next, we visit Tintagel, legendary birthplace of King Arthur. Then it’s on to Boscastle for lunch, home to an unspoiled harbour village. We continue to Ilfracombe for more coastal views. Our overnight stop is Bristol**. This bustling city is a perfect overnight stop with numerous restaurants and bars to enjoy in the evening.
• Day five takes us into the Cotswolds, first to Cirencester, then on to some of the smaller villages. We’ll continue on to Ironbridge, a village perched on the River Severn. Our overnight stop is the pretty English city of Chester.
• After a leisurely start in Chester, we’ll then head west to Wales to drive the Llanberis Pass and revel in the mountainous scenery. Snowdonia National Park is full of wild landscapes. We’ll also visit Conwy, a walled market town home to Conwy Castle*. You can explore narrow cobbled streets and take in views of the Thomas Telford Suspension Bridge that leads up to the Castle before we return to Chester.
• Today is The Peak District National Park. We’ll stop in the town of Buxton, then make our way to Bakewell. Another highlight is the stately home of Chatsworth House - set in idyllic gardens. We’ll spend our third evening in York.
• A day to explore York. You can choose what you‘d like to visit, perhaps York Minster*, or the Shambles. The day is free for you to do as you please with an optional walking tour.
• After a second evening in York, we’ll head south to Newark-on-Trent, which you’ll have ample time to explore. We’ll continue south to Cambridge, a famous University city. You can even enjoy an iconic punt down the River Cam, and view the University buildings from the river. We then return to London.
Transportation on a mini-caoch with air-conditioning
Accommodation: 1 night Exmouth, 2 nights Falmouth, 1 night Bristol, 2 nights Chester, 2 nights York
Food and drinks, unless specified
Cacciari's Restaurant, 82 Old Brompton Rd, Kensington, London SW7 3LQ, UK